Thursday, September 11, 2008

What to do, what to do...

There are many reasons I'm moving to California: Better weather, bigger salaries (albeit higher expenses but the living situation is taken care of so it shouldn't be that bad), better night life, etc. While these are all very valid reasons to move, quitting my job and being picky about my next job will give me ample opportunity to do things I've wanted to do for a while but never had the time for. This is the list, of which I'll probably add to at times, in no particular order:

  1. Learn to surf
  2. Learn to scuba dive (Catalina Island anyone?)
  3. Read (Current list includes: "The Complete Laws to the Universe", "How to Prove It", "How to Solve It", "CCNA Certification Exam Study Guide", "MCSE Certification Exam Study Guide", "SICP (Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)", "The Know It All", and the list goes on)
  4. Work on a single digit golf handicap (it's currently about 20)
  5. Improve my wine palette
  6. Watch all 100 movies on the "AFI Top 100 Greatest Movies of All Time" list, starting with 100, and write a complete review on each movie
  7. Exercise and get stupidly healthy (maybe even shop at hippie stores like "Whole Foods" or "Trader Joes". Organic saltine crackers? Umm... what?)
  8. Improve upon my creativity with cooking
  9. Volunteer somewhere
  10. Sit and do absolutely nothing
I only plan to be unemployed for a couple months at the max. From what I know, I have marketable job skills so finding a new job shouldn't be difficult. I am, however, going to be extremely picky with my next place of unemployment. I didn't go to school so I could settle. With that said, this list will obviously take much longer than 2 months but I will complete all of these sooner or later, mark my words. The best part is that you'll get to enjoy the journey with me. Ha, suckers!

No comments: